Never ever take your iPad too light! You can also play many games on it. No-one predicted the meteoric rise of gaming on iOS, and we're not sure anyone knew what the iPad was for at all when it first appeared. However, Apple's Tablet is a very able gaming platform. With more screen space than the iPhone, games have the means to be more immersive. The iPad's, therefore, a perfect platform for adventure games, strategy titles, and puzzlers.
So, which games are best for iPads to play on? Read and enjoy!
FINAL FANTASY XV POCKET EDITION
From the legendary developers, Square Enix comes this iPad port of the classic PlayStation game Final Fantasy. Full disclosure, Absolutely in love with this game.
Everything to love about Final Fantasy is included, the wonderful story full of drama and plot twists, the robust job system with dozens of unique characters, and the classic graphics are all mixed together to make this the perfect blend of nostalgia and entertainment come to life.
There were no sacrifices in bringing this classic console game to your fingertips. In fact, the touch controls are incredibly intuitive.
If you loved the original game this is an absolute must-have on your iPad. Explore the world of the fifteenth FINAL FANTASY in the palm of your hand
"Explore the world of FINAL FANTASY XV
with a cast of cute and cool characters! "
You can enjoy the FINAL FANTASY XV story across 10 exciting chapters. Tap to move, tap to talk, and tap to fight
Easy for anyone to pick up and play!
- Story -
The Tale of the Chosen King, Savior to the Star.
After years of fighting, the nations of Lucis and Niflheim, at last, agree to an armistice.
As a symbol of this promised peace, Noctis, crown prince of Lucis, is to wed the Lady Lunafreya of Tenebrae.
The prince sets forth for his wedding on the eve of the signing ceremony, sent off by his father, King Regis.
Unbeknownst to Noctis, however, the journey ahead is fraught with perils...
- Supported Devices -
iOS Device with iOS 11.1 or later installed
iPhone6s (9th gen iphone) or later
iPad (5th gen ipad) or later
iPad Air2 (2nd gen ipad air) or later
iPad mini4 (4th generation ipad mini) or later
Memory required: 5GB or greater (the high resolution version requires 8GB or greater)
Experience an epic story campaign, competitive and cooperative multiplayer, and an innovative social hub, all in one game!
In the futuristic world of Shadowgun Legends, humanity is under attack from a deadly alien invader. The last line of defence are the Shadowguns, legendary warriors and heroes. You are a young Shadowgun recruit with limitless potential who can turn the tide of war. So what are you waiting for? Join the fight and show the galaxy who’s boss!
THRILLING STORY CAMPAIGN
Save humanity from an alien invader in an epic Story Campaign spanning over 200+ mission on 4 diverse planets
CO-OP MISSIONS AND RAIDS
Join forces with friends and defeat giant enemy bosses for glory and legendary loot
REAL-TIME PLAYER VERSUS PLAYER TEAM BATTLES
Fight your rivals in unique multiplayer game modes and diverse PvP arenas
RPG ELEMENTS AND CUSTOMIZATION
Choose from over 600 unique weapons including Handguns, Assault Rifles, Sub-Machine Guns, Heavy Machine Guns, Shotguns, Sniper Rifles and Rocket Launchers. From plasma beams to good old-fashioned lead bullets.
Collect over 1000 armor pieces and build your armor sets. Fortified juggernaut, sleek infiltrator or something else entirely? The choice is yours!
Make your Shadowgun stand out with 250+ cosmetic items
Pick your own skills and create your own playstyle - no classes, no restrictions!
INNOVATIVE SOCIAL FEATURES
Interact with other players, visit vendors, accept missions, party hard and much more in game’s persistent Hub
Chat with friends, create battle squads and form guilds
UNIQUE REWARD SYSTEM - FAME
Become a celebrity of the Shadowgun Universe
Get rewarded for how you play the game. Your every action is appreciated with our unique fame system. The more famous you are the more the world will react to your actions!
Play the best RPG Shooting Game for FREE! Join the fight now!
Shadowgun Legends is a groundbreaking mobile game that blurs the lines between console and mobile gaming.
Dive into this free feature-packed FPS RPG and battle a terrifying alien menace, the Torment, who are rampaging across the Galaxy destroying everything in their path.
As a new Shadowgun recruit, you will create your ultimate rockstar warrior with hundreds of weapons, dozens of combat skills, thousands of armor pieces, and a wild collection of cosmetic items and skins. As your fame grows you will indulge in the wild celebrity lifestyle of the most famous warriors in the Universe and carve your name into mankind’s history.
When you’re not mastering shooting skills you can unwind with your friends in the Shadowgun’s neighborhood, where you’ll hang out with other players, hit the bar, chat, interact with NPCs and most importantly...party!
You can enjoy all this with MADFINGER Games’ renowned cutting-edge visuals, intuitive controls and wicked sense of humor.
At MADFINGER Games we’ve always challenged ourselves to push the boundaries on mobile devices, and we’re proud of our console quality first-person shooters. From our cutting-edge graphics to our precise control system, over 180 million players worldwide have been blown away by our innovative approach and dedication to quality. Now we’re taking things to the next level. Shadowgun Legends is the ultimate persistent world shooter in the palm of your hand, a hardcore gaming experience that you can take with you anywhere.
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
It is an old-school high-octane racer that echoes pursue-and-smash classic Chase HQ. You tear along in your police car, aiming to batter nasty criminals into submission. Then, during your downtime, you and your cop chums partake in dangerous high-speed races.
Visually, Hot Pursuit is sometimes a touch crude, with background pop-up betraying the original game’s age, but the cars and roadside objects still look nice enough on a Retina iPad. Most importantly, the game feels really good – not least during moments when you fire up the nitro, drift round a bend, and smash the baddie into a roadblock. And if you don’t fancy being the fuzz? You can leap into your sports car in a parallel storyline and become mouse rather than cat.
Just beyond the horizon sits a majestic desert, vast and unexplored.
Join Alto and his friends and set off on an endless sandboarding journey to discover its secrets.
Soar above windswept dunes, traverse thrilling canyons, and explore long-hidden temples in a fantastical place far from home.
Along the way, you’ll grind across vines, bounce atop hot air balloons, ride towering rock walls, and escape mischievous lemurs – all while uncovering the desert’s many mysteries.
• A standalone experience. Alto’s Odyssey is the follow-up to the critically acclaimed Alto’s Adventure, but you don’t need to have played one to enjoy the other.
• Easy to learn, difficult to master. At the heart of the Alto series is an elegant one-touch trick system. Chain together combos, and complete 180 goals — all with intuitive controls.
• Explore Biomes. From the dunes, to the canyons, to the temples, explore a rich and diverse landscape, with each area boasting unique visuals and gameplay.
• Newfound heights. Discover secrets in the sky with hot-air balloons, moving grind rails, and wall riding.
• Master the elements. In addition to dynamic lighting and weather effects like sandstorms and shooting stars, the desert is home to swirling wind vortexes and rushing water.
• Meet Alto and friends. Unlock six unique characters, each with their own attributes and abilities.
• Zen Mode. Complete with its own serene soundtrack, this relaxing mode distills Odyssey down to its purest elements: no scores, no coins, and no power-ups. Just you and the endless desert.
• Photo Mode. From the pause screen, get behind the lens and take stunning photos of your trip through the desert. Pinch, swipe, pan and zoom to frame the ideal shot, and share them with friends and family.
• Original music and handcrafted audio. Headphones recommended!
• Universal app with iCloud support. Play on your iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV, and your progress will always be in sync.
Alto’s Odyssey is a premium game with no ads or in-app purchases. Purchase once, play forever.
XCOM: Enemy Within
There it is: proof that a multiplatform game released in 2012 can recapture the glories of a 1994 PC classic. The re-imagined XCOM delivers graphical upgrades and interface refinements like you might expect but what really makes it sing is the added attachment that you feel to the battles and the soldiers who fight them. Touch screen controls—pinch to zoom, sliding for camera control and movement and commands done by tapping or double-tapping—feel great on the mobile version, making it feel like very little was sacrificed to bring this accomplished re-imagining to your fingertips. The latest version also adds the excellent Enemy Within expansion, giving you even more ways to fail and watch your while team die screaming.
***NOTE: Compatible with iPad 3, iPad mini 2, iPhone 5 and up. WILL NOT be able to run on earlier generations, despite being able to purchase them on those devices***
XCOM®: Enemy Within is a standalone expansion to the 2012 strategy game of the year XCOM: Enemy Unknown and it's now available on iOS devices! Enemy Within features the core gameplay of Enemy Unknown plus more exciting content. Check out the new soldiers, abilities, enemies, maps, missions, and multiplayer mode for the fresh new strategy gaming experience!
• New Soldier Abilities: Build new base facilities to unlock unearthly new capabilities for XCOM’s soldiers. The Genetics Lab will allow soldiers to receive powerful genetic modifications, and the Cybernetics Lab allows soldiers to use devastating mechanized cybersuits in battle.
• New Weapons and Equipment: Give your operatives an extra tactical edge with new projects from your engineering team and the Foundry.
• New Enemy Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter the threats from two new alien types and a deadly new organization known as EXALT.
• New Strategic Resource: A valuable new alien resource, known as Meld, has been discovered. Secure it on the battlefield, research a new technology to unlock its power, and use it carefully back at base to unlock new upgrades and weaponry.
• New Story Elements: Investigate a terrifying threat in an abandoned fishing village, and defend the XCOM headquarters from alien attack in a series of new plot-driven missions.
• New Multiplayer maps, units, and abilities: Create your custom squad from a wider array of options and dominate your opponent in intense, one-on-one, turn-based matches.
NOTE: XCOM: Enemy Within is a graphically rich game with advanced features. To OPTIMIZE your playing experience, you may want to turn off other apps before playing.
Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
YOU have been chosen to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry! Embark on your own adventure in this all new RPG set in the wizarding world, years before Harry Potter received his Hogwarts letter. Explore never-before-seen rooms of Hogwarts Castle and investigate ancient mysteries. Learn powerful magic and knowledge from Professors Dumbledore, Snape, and more. Duel against your rivals and forge alliances with new friends to help you on your adventures. As part of WBIE’s Portkey Games label, this groundbreaking mobile game puts you at the center of an all-new story in the wizarding world.
When your mettle is tested, what kind of witch or wizard will you be? A heroic Gryffindor? A cunning Slytherin? You decide! After all, this is your Hogwarts story.
Magic Spells, Potions & More
- Attend classes to learn and master magical skills like casting spells and brewing potions.
- Unlock new characters, spells, potions and locations as you advance through the years of Hogwarts.
- Customize your student avatar.
Mystery and Adventure
- Use your magical skills to investigate mysteries at Hogwarts.
- Discover the truth behind the Cursed Vaults and your brother's disappearance in an all new story.
Friendships that Matter
- Bond with your housemates to win the House Cup.
- Go on quests to help friends and fellow students…or frustrate rivals.
- Earn respect and build relationships by adventuring together.
Please note that Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery is free to download and play, however, you can purchase some in-game items with real money. If you want to limit this feature, please disable in-app purchases in your device's settings.
What do you think are the best iPad games?
I tried to pick a selection of games, but I'm sure I missed some great games that you love. Leave a comment below. What's your favorite game?